Rochester Regional Health – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office
About the Program
Rochester Regional Health is dedicated to creating ongoing opportunities to diversify our workforce and provide the highest-quality patient care.
As part of these efforts, Rochester Regional’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Medical Education Office have partnered to develop the Equity Clerkship Program (ECP).
We are excited to invite fourth-year medical students from under-represented* groups in medicine who have an interest in family medicine, to apply for our Equity Clerkship Program. The clerkship exposes medical students to a career in family medicine and includes:
- A faculty mentor
- Service learning opportunities through community outreach programs
- Assistance in preparing for residency interviews
- Accommodations, meals, and more
- Session 1: 8/22/2022 – 9/19/2022
- Session 2: 9/19/2022 – 101/14/2022
Who is eligible?
- All full-time fourth-year medical students in good standing at an LCME-accredited medical school or COCA-accredited osteopathic medical school.
- Students who have completed all core clerkships including Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Primary Care/Family Medicine.
- Students who have successfully passed USMLE Step 1.
To apply to the program, potential scholars will need to email the information, listed in the box to the right, to DEIclerkship@rochesterregional.org
Application closes on May 15, 2022. Please direct any questions regarding the application process to: DEIclerkship@rochesteregional.org
*Rochester Regional uses the AAMC definition of URiM, specifically inclusive of African American, Native American/Alaskan Native, Latino, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Island and students must be a member of one of these groups.
- Official school transcript
- USMLE Transcript/COMLEX Transcript
- Personal statement indicating how this opportunity would support you career goals.