Rochester Regional Health
About the Program
The Rochester Regional Health Administrative Fellowship is a paid,12-month post-graduate program designed to grow and develop the next generation of healthcare leaders. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to complete meaningful system-wide projects as well as gain new skills and exposure in areas of interest.
Areas of Study
Past Administrative Fellows have completed and instituted projects including:
- Design, development, and implementation of doll therapy in long term care
- Interim positions as Patient Experience Director, Quality Informatics Program Manager, and Women’s Health Practice Manager
- Project support for building the Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care (Recognized & awarded the 2022 Zogg Build NY Award)
- Lean project management for successful reduction of lab cancellations
- Participated in process improvement for system-wide duplicate pain medication orders (recognized and awarded gold for team excellence by the Greater Rochester Quality Council presented at Epic’s 2023 XGM)
- Selection and implementation of SafeConnect Event Reporting Software
- Project management for developing a Geriatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Program manage multi-phase rollout of interoperability features and improvements to keep compliant with Cures Act regulation
- Design and operationalization of employee COVID vaccine clinics
How to Apply
We are now recruiting for our June 2024 Administrative Fellows. Visit our career site to submit your application. You may either upload the required materials or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications due by September 15, 2023 11:59 PM EST.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Three letters of recommendation:
- Academic or Professional
- Personal (Able to speak to your character and provide insight into your personal values, i.e. colleague, family member, friend, etc.)
- Graduate school transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university (unofficial transcripts are accepted)
- Didactic portion of your Master’s must be completed at time of fellowship (June 2024). MSHA, MHA, and MPH Preferred. MBA also accepted.
- Personal Statement (500 words maximum)
- Responses to the three additional questions
Responses must be no longer than 250 words.
- What strategies can be used to balance the need for financial sustainability with the imperative to provide high-quality patient care?
- Tell me about a time when you took an innovative approach to solve an issue.
- Discuss your vision for the future of healthcare operations and management. How do you plan to position the organization for success in this evolving landscape?
Why Choose Rochester Regional Health
President of Health Care Operations, Chief Operating Officer
Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer, Eastern Region, Long Term Care
Senior Vice President, Extended Care, Pharmacy & Care Management Operations
Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, Cardiology & Hospital Medicine
Vice President, Health Informatics
Associate Chief Operating Officer, Rochester General Hospital
Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Rochester General Hospital, Administrative Fellowship Sponsor
Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, Oncology & Emergency Medicine
Please join our webinar sessions to learn more about Rochester Regional Health, the fellowship structure and experience, the application requirements and process, and have a Q&A panel with current fellows.
Wednesday, July 12, 12 – 1 PM
Wednesday, July 12, 6 – 7 PM
Wednesday, August 9, 1 – 2 PM
Wednesday, August 9, 6 – 7 PM
If you can’t attend a webinar, please still complete the form and let us know. We will schedule a call with you.