Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship
Rochester Regional Health
About the Fellowship
Each fellow is equipped with crucial experience in many specialty-specific rotations and procedures, as well as an established network of providers within other specialties.
The competencies you’ll gain in Rochester Regional Health’s Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship include:
- Cast/splint application and removal, including operation of cast saw
- Compartment pressure monitoring
- Feeding tube, urinary catheter, and chest tube placement
- Foreign body removal
- Moderate sedation – test and airway skills certification required
- Nerve blocks – local/topical, digital block, peripheral nerve block, hematoma block
- Placement, monitoring, and manipulation of central line
- Peritoneal lavage
- Suturing and management of wounds and abscesses
Surgical Fellowship Rotations
- 4 months general surgery
- 2 months SICU
- 2 months vascular surgery
- 3 months electives (each 1 month long)
- Intern/APP Series: Building Relationships
- Intern/APP Series: Conflict Resolution
- Leadership Series: Diversity & Inclusion
- Intern/APP Series: Emotional Intelligence
Quality and Safety
- Basic Certificate in Quality & Safety
- Rochester Regional: Safety Event Reporting – SafeConnect
- Rochester Regional: NYS DOH Electronic Death Reporting System
- Designing your own project with publication in mind
- Three ACLS Simulations
- Three Acute Care Simulations
Vascular Access Device Training
- Advanced Airway Class
- Vascular Access Device Workshop
- Advanced Diabetes Care Training Class
- APP Hot Topics in Health Care
- M&M Conferences, Grand Rounds, and Journal Clubs
How to Apply
Currently, we are only interviewing for the Surgical APP Fellowship. No other APP Fellowships are available at this time.
We prioritize candidates who are:
- Newly-graduated nurse practitioners or physician assistants
- Experienced NPs or PAs who are open to learning a new specialty
Deadline for Application: Applications will be available early 2022. Interviews will take place April 2022.
To be eligible for the APP Fellowship program, candidates must:
- Have graduated from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program
- Hold credentials/licensure required by the State of New York
- Nurse practitioners: Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of New York, plus active Drug Enforcement Authority registration
- Physician assistants: Active, unencumbered physician assistant licensure in the State of New York and NCCPA board certification, plus active Drug Enforcement Authority registration
Benefits & Compensation
Employer paid coverage equal to 1x salary with option to purchase added coverage up to five (5) times annual salary.
Residents are entitled to up to six months of pay in the event of an approved disability, compensated at 60% of the resident stipend.
Residents are provided with long-term disability of 50% of resident stipend in the event of an approved long-term disability. Residents have an option to purchase additional long-term disability to bring the amount up to 66.67%.
Opportunity to enroll in one of two comprehensive medical insurance plans.
On-site Child Care
Child care programs are offered for children between the ages of eight weeks to pre-school, and a before and after-school program is available to serve employees and the community. Preferential consideration is given to Hospital employees based upon availability; these employees receive a discounted rate.
Option to enroll in tax deferred annuity plan.
Option to purchase one of two dental plans.
Option to purchase a vision & hearing plan.
EAP is free, confidential service for employees and immediate family members that provides assistance with everyday work and family issues, as well as more challenging personal concerns.
Ralph Pennino, MD
Specialty Medicine & Surgery Group
Selma Mujezinovic, DNP, FNP-BC
System VP, Advanced Practice Providers Program Director, APP Fellowship
Richard Alweis, MD
Associate CMO for Medical Education
Why Choose Rochester Regional Health
For additional information or inquiries, please contact: